If you’re reading this, you probably already have a general sense of what digital marketing is. If the name isn’t familiar, then its applications certainly are. The term digital marketing means any digital technology—whether it’s the internet, mobile apps, or email—that is used to attract customers and generate sales. Business owners in the 21st century can no longer deny the importance of digital marketing. Whether you’re struggling to find a broader market, or you still think that digital marketing doesn’t suit your business model, the truth is that every business will see an immediate result from focusing their marketing on professional digital marketing strategies.
What Makes Up Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing agencies like BlueHat offer several services to bolster your online presence, connect with potential customers, take advantage of Google’s algorithms, and find your target market utilizing a combination of search engine optimization, smart web design, and attractive content. The main pillars of digital marketing are:
- Search Engine Optimization: SEO enhances your website using a variety of on and off-page techniques to make your website rank at the top of search engine result pages.
- Content Marketing: Creating shareable content that bolsters your authority, generates traffic, and maintains a loyal customer base. Creative content marketing encompasses blog posts, white papers, e-books, and infographics.
- Social Media Marketing: Connecting to future and present customers through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
- Email Marketing: Maintaining your connection with your customizers after they’ve already left your website through strategic email campaigns.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising: Paid ads, promoted Tweets, and sponsored messages that appear at the top of Google search result pages or other social sites to drive traffic to your site.
- Affiliate Marketing: Promoting another product on your platform for a commission.
Reading through this list, you might find that there are some types of digital marketing strategies that don’t fit your business model. However, every business, whether it’s a one-person operation or a large-scale conglomerate, will see a solid return on their digital marketing investment.
Why Is Digital Marketing So Important?
The above question can easily be answered by the overwhelming statistics that demonstrate just how closely connected we are to the digital world. For instance, 22% of the entire world population is on Facebook, and by the year 2021, global retail e-commerce sales will reach a projected 4.5 trillion dollars. Compare those numbers with the dwindling brick and mortar sales, and the changing consumer trend becomes more than obvious.
A digital marketer uses their skills and knowledge to drive targeted traffic to your website, increase your brand awareness, and ultimately boost your sales. They’ll help your site reach its full potential by connecting you with users that are looking for your products or services.
How to Get Started on Digital Marketing?
Success in digital marketing is all about scale. You get out of it what you put in. We encourage all business owners and entrepreneurs to take their digital marketing strategy seriously. They don’t have to start with a full-scale campaign, but they should start somewhere. Creating a Facebook page and paying for a simple website is a great start, but if you want to achieve the financial results your business needs and deserves, we highly recommend hiring an SEO and digital marketing agency to build you a targeted campaign that is guaranteed to get you results.
Contact BlueHat Marketing today to get a full business analysis absolutely FREE!