These days, if you want to inject your business website with that crucial level of authority that will get it favourably ranked by Google, you need to have an original, well-maintained blog. In addition to enriching the experience of your visitors and the professionalism of your brand, the blog posts will act a hook that will bring your website up through Google’s rankings.
So how do you get your blog working for you from an SEO perspective?
The goal here is to have your blog content appear when people are looking for things that are related to your business.
- The most basic approach is to use keywords that you’d like to target, such as SEO services, throughout your content. It’s important to remember to use them in a natural way, as recent updates to Google’s algorithm penalize sites that stuff their content with keywords in a spammy way.
- It’s also a good idea to link those keywords to other pages on your site, like so: SEO services. Try to do it in a natural way, varying the phrases of your links. Don’t hammer on the same keywords too much.
- “How to” articles are extremely popular, as are “tips” based posts. These types of articles are always being searched on the Internet and provide a positive association with your brand in addition to SEO richness. Don’t be afraid to give away knowledge. It’s part of the conversation you need to start in order to build a community around your business.
- Make sure you add social media sharing buttons. This will make it easy for readers to share your posts, increasing their level of authority in the eyes of search engines.
- Ensure that your website theme or layout code is validated. Again, this will make it more appealing to search engine algorithms.
- Finally, it is important that you maintain your activity. Write posts every day if you can, or every few days at least. This emphasis on fresh content is crucial to increasing your website’s rank. It will also be more effective in holding people’s attention and keeping your name in people’s minds.
These are only some basic tips that would get one started on the road to having a successful blog, and thus a rich and authoritative website. Generating compelling, original content is a complex and involved process that requires knowledge, expertise, writing ability, and a lot of research. All of this has to be combined with advanced SEO skills and maintained on a regular basis to be effective in generating traffic.
All that might sound daunting, and that’s why professional SEO-savvy bloggers like the ones at Blue Hat are in such high demand in today’s online marketing world. We solve businesses’ needs to stay ahead in the ever changing online landscape by generating consistently compelling content that is as attractive to real readers as it is so search engine spiders.