The most beautiful company site in the world won’t be of much use if it isn’t generating any traffic and sales leads. In this blog, find out how maintaining a company blog full of targeted keywords and links can increase your sales leads by 67%.
As a small business owner, having a website where your customers can find you Online should be a top priority. But it isn’t enough to simply have a site anymore. The competition these days is too stiff.
Your goal should be to get it as high in the search rankings as possible so that more people can visit you and begin their journey down your sales funnel. Google’s algorithm takes into account hundreds of different signals when deciding how to rank your site, one of the most important being content.
Blogging can do wonders for your company’s website. If you’re having trouble getting visitors, then you’ll be excited to know that the majority of businesses that blog generate 67% more sales leads than those who don’t.
Here’s how content marketing can drive more sales:
Blogging brings more visitors to your site
There isn’t a business on the web that doesn’t want more visitors to its site. When thinking about how to increase the number of people finding you on the web, it’s important to first think about how they’ll find you. Since 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine, they are most likely typing words into Google for businesses similar to yours. Maintaining a blog checks off three very important factors that Google weighs heavily, including:
- Indexed Pages: The more indexed pages you have on Google, the more likely the king of search is to rank you higher. Companies that blog have on average 434% more pages than those that don’t.
- Updates: Google wants to rank websites that are continually updated toward the top because it thinks these are the sites with the most up-to-date information. By blogging regularly, you provide the “freshness” that Google so badly craves.
- More Keywords: People aren’t just searching for basic words like “lawyer” or “doctor” anymore; they are looking for longer versions of these words, such as “best lawyer in Toronto”. The more you blog, the more chances you have to appear for these “long-tail” keywords.
Blogging converts those visitors into sales leads
Imagine the people visiting your site as complete strangers. They know nothing about you, but since they’ve landed on your site from keyword (that your blog helped you rank for!), they are obviously interested in getting to know you better. Each new stranger is a chance to make a new friend (sales lead).
- Blogs establish trust: 81% of online consumers trust the information they read in blogs.
- Blogs establish authority: When people have problems, they want solutions. If your blog provides helpful answers to a searcher’s query, they’ll trust that you know what you’re talking about and be grateful that you offered a solution. By positioning yourself as a thought leader within your industry, you give yourself a major advantage over competitors.
- Blogs bring leads down the sales funnel: If someone is searching for a topic, they’ll find your blog post in the search. This bring them right onto your site and provides a link they can click to be brought to a service page. How would they have ever landed there if you hadn’t given them this opportunity?
A business blog is the best way to generate sales leads on the web. The higher you rank, the more people that come to your site, and having a blog is one of the best ways to increase your Google position. If generating 67% more leads than your competition sounds like something you’d be interested in, let BlueHat Marketing know!